How the Game Day schedule is shaping up:
- 4pm: Women’s hockey — coached by Maria Lewis — takes on SUNY Canton.
- 5pm: Mid-game Hockey Party at the Dunk. Follow the signs from the main entrance to the Party Lounge where there will be food, drink, games and prizes. While this event is primarily for international and commuter students, all students, faculty and staff are welcome.
- 7pm: Men’s hockey — under the direction of head coach James LaCour — go head-to-head with Suffolk.
- All day: JWU will be celebrating Game Day with a very special “Wildcat Thursday.” Students, faculty and staff are encouraged to wear Wildcat gear.
This is the fourth year the men’s team have played the Dunk. Senior Benjamin Brouillard, who has played at the Dunk all 4 years, calls the experience “incredible,” adding, “It’s a game that we circle on the calendar and look forward to every year. Every year the crowd gets bigger and more into the game. Playing all 4 years has been an ... unbelievable privilege.” As Ben’s fellow player Joe Ballmer puts it, “Although it’s only one game a year it’s truly [a game] I’ll look back and remember for a lifetime.”
The event is FREE for JWU students with a valid ID. Students can pick up their tickets at the door on the 19th.
Tickets for staff, faculty and the general public are $8 and can be purchased online or at the following on-campus locations:
- Downcity: JWU Providence Student Involvement & Leadership office at the Citizens Bank Center for Student Involvement (CBCSI)
- Harborside: JWU Providence Athletics office in the Wildcat Center