Rome

imageimage

Hello!

This Easter Weekend, I and a group of friends spent it in Rome, Italy. There was so much to do in Rome and so little time. Our Bed and Breakfast was conveniently walking distance to a lot of the major sites. In the short amount of time we had, we hit most of the major sites. Sites such as the Trevi fountain, the Colosseum, Vatican City and well known piazzas.

When visiting the Colosseu, we learned that it is actually called the the Flavian Amphitheater. Also I have learned that the only reason the the Flavian Amphitheater is being called the Colosseum is because in the Roman era there was a statue called the Colosseum right across from the arena. We continued on to visit the Roman Forum where we learned that the marbles that covered the walls of the castle were the same marbles that are now in Basilica in Vatican City. In Vatican City we got the chance to get a tour of the Vatican Museum and visit the Basilica. Everything was beyond beautiful and such an amazing sight.

We also got the chance to attend Easter Mass with the Pope. There were so many people but it was worth it. Rome is a beautiful place but I feel it would have been better to visit when there is not a holiday. There is so much you can see and learn about from the Romans. So far in our adventures throughout Italy, I have noticed how the different museums and sites tie into one another to form a story. Artifacts from the Roman Era were moved and placed all over Italy. Catholicism is very important here in Italy, most monuments or museums have a religious influence. I feel that I have a better understanding of religion and Vatican City after this weekend.

Until next time,

Jacquelyn