[gallery]

Ciao! Bonjour!

My friends and I spent our weekend in Paris! It was one of our favorite weekends so far! Even though we were exhausted after two days full of activities, we enjoyed Paris very much! Friday morning, we went to see Versailles Palace, which was gorgeous, it was so beautiful that I wish that in my past life I was Mary Antoinette so that I could live there. Before getting to the Palace it was difficult for us to figure out how the metro works. We were in the metro for around 10 minutes trying to figure out which train we should get on and where to transfer to get to Versailles. I have heard from many people who have been to Paris that French people are not helpful at all when it comes to helping foreigners who cannot speak French, but after this trip it was the opposite for us. When we were trying to figure out which train we should take, there is one French Lady asking if we need any help. Her English was not perfect but she tried her best to help us find our way to Versailles. Another Lady on the train also helped us by telling which station we should get on and which train we should take next. After we got off, another gentleman walked us to the last train that we need to take to Versailles. Everyone there was helpful and generous enough to help us, which made my experience in Paris even more remarkable. When we arrived in Versailles, we waited in line to get into the Palace. After we got in I could not believe how beautiful this place was. The palace itself was stunning, but the Garden was astonishing. It was hard for me to leave this place. I recommend everyone to visit Versailles Palace when you have a chance, you will never regret it.

Our second day was even more tiring. We started off the day by visiting the Eiffel Tower. It is very beautiful when you got up to the top of the tower. You can see the view of the city, the Arc de Triomphe and much more. After the Eiffel Tower, we went to the Louvre Museum, one of the biggest museums in the world. It was too big for us to see everything in one day. We only picked the ones that are listed on the map. We saw the Mona Lisa Smile painting; it was quite a small painting. We exited the Louvre and took picture with the Glass Pyramid outside. It was very nice out. Last thing we did before heading back to our hotel was visiting the Arc de Triomphe and Champs-Elysees. It was a long walk from where we got off, so we took a bike ride to Arc de Triomphe. The Arc was very pretty but we were too tired to climb up the stairs to the top. We ended our day by going to Laduree to buy some macaroons back.

This trip was very amazing for me, I really love Paris and I definitely will go back when I have a chance. If you have heard negative stories about Paris, do not believe all of them go and experience it yourself. Hope you all enjoyed my pictures!

Au Revoir! Ciao! Ciao!

Karolin Springer