Fun Trip

image.image

Buongiorno!! This is Minjie, I am a junior majoring in International Hotel & Tourism Management. We’re doing a study abroad program in Italy where it’s such a charming and romantic place to be. Castellammare di Stabie is the town we live. Living on hill near volcano, having both mountain view and ocean view from classroom, aren’t these so cool??!! It’s really a cute town. People are friendly and warm. Nice hospitality was shown everywhere. I am really enjoying the life, even though the weather is kind of crazy here.

We had our first day trip to pasta factory and Slow Food yesterday. It was fantastic!!! We learned and saw how pasta is made and the perfect combination of labor worker and developed equipment producing the best quality goods. It shocked me that they make 122 different shapes, flavors, and size pasta. They even have “value size” spaghetti that one family may share one piece for a meal! But you have to make sure your pot is big enough to cook it. Free postcards are offered in their shop. It’s a sweet gift to customers and it’s also a smart idea to advertise their brand.

The lunch we had in Slow Food Monti Latarri was the best lunch experience I ever had. There were two cheese guys who made us fresh Mozzarella; that was so delicious! He is a pro in the cheese world; he even made a little pig with the Mozzarella! I love their style. Eat 100% locally, no wasting, and enjoy. Everything they used was in season, really fresh and good for us. Also, it’s good for the environment. Enjoying our meal around beautiful Italian music, dancing with traditional instruments, laughing, life cannot be better. It’s just one day, but I already miss the place.

Experiencing is the best way to study. I enjoyed the way people live and serve here. I do learn a lot from them on my major and my personal life as well. Can’t wait for the day trip for next week! Have a great weekend guys

Minjie Song