Figueres was a long drive away from Barcelona. We ended up having a guided tour through Salvador Dali’s museum, Teatre Museo Dali. Dali was a surrealist artist who used his wife as his muse. I liked how multi-talented he was. One of my favorite pieces would have to be the image of Abraham Lincoln. From far it was Abraham Lincoln’s face and up close you could see the image of Dali’s wife’s naked body. The tour was a few hours long and we made our way back to the city.

Dinner was interesting that night. We went to a tapas restaurant called Catalana. We were joined by a former alumni Clayton Fowler and his girlfriend Regina. They were great company. For our dinner we had a mix of different tapas; we had different types of hams, seafood, and cheeses. All the tapas were a great mix for a great night.

The night was even more fun. We took a taxi for the first time in Barcelona. We thought it would be safer to get around versus taking the metro. Sure enough it became my favorite way of traveling at night. The taxi driver was extremely friendly especially because I kept asking a billion questions about the area and what was fun. I learned that taxi drivers have the most insight on what’s good around town. That night a few of us went to a club called Shoko. It was a different vibe there where I met people from Italy, Israel, and of course people from Barcelona. It was great meeting a mix of people in one small place.