Year in Review

I’ve never been one to look back at the year I’ve had when the new year comes around, but rather I’ve always looked ahead to what is coming. But there was something different about 2012 where I can’t help but think, “how can 2013, or any year really, top the year I’ve just had?” So I’ve decided to do a year in review to recap my amazing experiences.

I rang in 2012 by working a 15 hour day. In February I was accepted into the four year pastry program. In March I started one of the most incredible experiences of my life. I started a 3 month adventure studying in France for 8 weeks. While in France I traveled to Le Puy-En-Velay, Lyon, Annecy, and Paris. Once school ended I spent 10 days with my family in Florence, Tuscany, and Rome. Then I traveled by myself for 2 weeks and went to Corfu, Venice, Switzerland, and Amsterdam. I then got to visit friends in London for 10 days. I went home for a short 9 days and then had the amazing opportunity of traveling to Israel with Birthright. When I came home, I got to have a great experience in my field and I worked for a friend as a line cook and the pastry chef for a new restaurant. When September rolled around, I got to reunite with friends whom I had not seen in 6 months and started my junior year. Since school has started I have finished my first term as an upperclassmen and have finished 2 of my 5 P4 labs and have created great relationships with some of my chefs.

As I sit at a friend’s house in California for my winter break, I look forward to what 2013 has in store for me.