Pre-Departure Post!

Hello everyone, I’m Shaina Vandemoortele, a junior at the Providence Campus! My major is International Business with a minor in Environmental Sustainability and concentrations in Human Resource Management and Psychology! I chose to participate in the South Korea study abroad because not only did I think it would be a life changing experience but what better place to study Human Resource Management than in a country that masters the art?!

Aside from the fact that over a year ago my Human Resource professor told me every day I was going on this trip, I really didn’t know much about it! Now I sit on the plane on my way to South Korea and I couldn’t be more ecstatic!

Packing and preparing for the trip was my largest battle thus far only because I DO NOT travel light and I knew I was only going to take one suitcase, weighing 50 pounds!

Ali, Mara and Omar on the plane with me! We’ll be connecting in San Francisco where we will be meeting Geronda and a few others! Ali was lucky enough to sit next to a gentleman who has traveled to South Korea numerous times on business and he has been sharing the ins and outs of what he knows! Very Helpful!

I’m pretty sure once I arrive in Seoul, my excitement and a bit of nervousness and culture shock will kick in! It’s all natural, hello we’re going to a totally foreign country for a month!

That’s all for now, I’m excited to post throughout the trip with updates and photos!

Enjoy your Trips Ya’ll & Be Safe!