Stoked to Explore Australia

I leave in about a week for Melbourne. I have planned for 9 extra days at the end of my program to explore Australia a little more, but I'm not sure what I want to do yet.

Earlier this week I got in touch with my old Marine Biology Professor, Dr. Paddy Ryan, who is a kiwi at heart, and asked him where I should go. He recommended I travel to Cairns and explore the rain forest and of course, the Great Barrier Reef. I think that'd be amazing to see because I was learning about it in his class and it's sadly not going to be around for much longer if things don't change. 

Blue_planet

(Above): This is a picture taken by Dr. Paddy in the Pacific of a Blue Planet Seajelly. If you want to look at more of his great work visit http://www.ryanphotographic.com/

I also looked into volunteering at a wildlife sanctuary/animal shelter while abroad. There are some programs that sound really fun, but they cost nearly $1,000 for a week of volunteering! 

I will probably end up waiting until I start my program to see if anything sparks my interest along the way or if anyone else in my program is traveling anywhere. I guess we will just have to be patient!

HP

Topics: Study Abroad Denver