JWU Fashion Student Visits Retail's Big Show

JWU Providence student Bethany Barrant just returned from an exhilarating trip to NYC to attend NRF Retail's Big Show. Bethany is a Rising Star scholar studying fashion merchandising & retailing.

This weekend, I visited New York City to attend the National Retail Foundation (NRF) Big Show at the Jacob Javits Center. I had applied for the NRF Next Generation Scholarship and although I didn’t receive the scholarship, I did have a chance to listen to many keynote speakers.

Bethany stands by the main stage.

Speakers included notable industry leaders like designer Rebecca Minkoff and author Simon Sinek. These professionals spoke about topics from the current trends in retail, financial literacy, the importance of networking, and their personal career path stories. This was all inspiring and very educational. I attended a one-on -one résumé review session, a career fair with over 40 top retailers who were all offering job and internship opportunities, and of course, the Big Show.

At the Big Show I saw the future of retail in terms of what is coming next in  technology advancements. This was a great experience and I hope to become the JWU Student Ambassador so that I can bring as many peers as I can with me to the 2018 Student Program!

NRF 2 Bethany-044888-edited.jpg

Learn more about JWU's Fashion, Merchandising & Retailing program.

Topics: Providence Fashion Merchandising