Join JWU's OTEAM!

JWU Providence OTEAM leader Paige Zuber is studying Sports/Entertainment/Event Management while juggling being the director of membership of the Special Events Society & the community service coordinator of the JWU Players. How does she do it all?

Hard work mixed with tons of fun: that's the JWU OTEAM spirit!

They say if you love your job, you’ll never work a day in your life; and that’s what JWU's Orientation Teamis really all about. At first being on it, one thinks that it’s a cool experience, you get to live on campus for free, experience Providence during the summer, but it’s so much more. I never thought OTEAM would have the impact that it did on me. The day I put on my neon green polo was the day I knew I made the best decision of my life by staying in Providence for the summer. I went in with some personal struggles and came out a new person. It opens your eyes on how to deal with situations, build on leadership skills, connect with others, and so much more.

These incoming students just love Paige's smile.

Connecting with incoming students and staff members was so much more helpful than one could know. I ended up having a bigger impact on students than I ever could have imagined. As the school year has gotten into full swing, I still see smiling faces come up to me either thanking me for the information I provided them during the summer or just to say hello and ask “what’s up?”

Not a bad view for a day's work. JWU Providence OTEAM.

There are not enough words in the world to describe how amazing this program truly is. Yes, there is the negative of getting up before the sun some mornings or working long days, but at the end of the day it’s about the people we are impacting on our way to preparing the future wildcats of Johnson & Wales. Join Orientation 2017- not just for the perks and summer-living, join it because it could be the best thing you do for yourself.

OTeam4-1.jpg

If you're interested in being a part of the JWU OTEAM at your JWU campus, visit our website.

Learn more about the JWU Players, follow 'em on Facebook.

Interested in the JWU Providence Special Events Society? We got you covered!

Topics: Hospitality Providence Event Management Campus Life