QPR (Question, Persuade, Response)

Hey everyone! I hope this week treated you well! I just wanted to tell you that I got the opportunity to attend a QPR (Question, Persuade, Refer) session with student athletes on campus. The session was really informative and hands on as we participated in activities for suicide prevention. I didn’t realize before attending the session how close to home this topic really is. As college students the amount of stress we have in balancing time for work and social events is not an easy task. A lot of times it can be really overwhelming especially when you are new to campus and adjusting to college. Also as the years progress the workload gets even tougher as the professors are preparing you for the work force. The QPR session taught me how to help people who are thinking about making a permanent decision to a temporary problem. I am so grateful to have taken this opportunity to talk with other students about a difficult subject because there needs to be awareness throughout the community. I suggest everyone attend a session because you can save a life! For more information visit the counseling center downcity in Wales Hall or on Harborside in the Friedman Center!