Hair Hair Hair

This week I was on a mission…a hair mission. I was searching for the perfect salon to get my hair colored or cut. My coworker recommended me to go to this salon at Providence Place Mall so I made a appointment. I’ve been rocking my natural hair for days and I told the salon on the phone what my hair was like and they recommended a specific stylist. I was excited to get my hair done and I headed to the magical salon Dellaria!

BEFORE!!!!!

Sadly my visit was NOT MAGICAL. I was turned down for service because of my HAIR TEXTURE. The stylist told me he hated my color in my hair, he hated my hair texture, and he wanted to chop all my hair off!! I have never been more humiliated and depressed in my life (this happened in front of other clients and was unprofessional)! I sat there frozen with disbelief that my hair was so ugly to him. I told the salon in advanced that I was natural and that I have curly/wavy hair. The stylist made me feel like I wasn’t worthy to be in the salon. He start tugging at my hair saying that it was so damaged he could yank hair out which was a lie because when he tried he plucked a strain out of my scalp…CAN YOU SAY OUCH. Before I left he gave me his card and said "whenever you are ready to chop off that hair come see me". I walked out the salon holding back all my tears. I went up there to receive a service and was turned down because of my hair texture. Talk about self-esteem issues for a good five-ten minutes. After my pity party was over I pulled myself together and reminded myself that my hair is beautiful and no one can take that away from me.

In the end I revisited a stylist at JCPenny and she did wonders on my hair and gave me a BEAUTIFUL NEW LOOK! I decided to get a short hair style…nothing like the guy at Dellaria wanted to give me (he wanted to give me a Jennifer Hud. hair cut btw). IM PROUD OF MY HAIR AND I REFUSE TO LET SOME GUY OR ANYONE IN THAT MATTER PUT ME DOWN LIKE THAT EVER AGAIN.

THE NEW ME :)