Media and Communication Major

Hey everyone! I hope everyone had a great week. Last Friday I was lucky enough to get the opportunity to be chosen as a representative of my major in front of admissions. For those who don’t know, I am a Media and Communication major here at Johnson and Wales and like several other majors last year was the first year the program started. Since the major is only in its second year the major is small but it comes with many advantages. My classmates and I have grown together since our freshman year and have formed a supportive bond like no other. We see each other every day in and outside of class whether it’s through a club or social gathering. I would have to say it is one of the best advantages being in this major because everyone in my major has a special place in my heart. It was also helpful with us being so small with adjusting to college life.

In the presentation I got to share my experiences in the major and how the classes we take will help me in the field I want to go in which is being a news anchor for a news station. With the support of Christopher Westgate and Scott Oberacker, as well as other advisors and professors that have taught me thus far I know I have made the right decision in choosing this major and being apart of something I would never experience at any other university.

(I have included the powerpoint used at the admissions meeting)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwhywxh3PAwESi1mVS1zRS15UHJSS0E2WVBxZFpibTNWX1Uw/view?usp=sharing