It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!

My first week of winter tri was really busy, but I’m loving it so far! Right now I’m in my Viennoiserie lab, and I’m learning a lot. Starting at 6 am means I’m exhausted by the end of the day, but we cram so much into those seven hours that it’s definitely worth it.

This past week we’ve done a lot with brioche and laminated dough. I’ve made croissants and danishes at home before, and they were decent, but learning how to do it here has been so amazing and helpful.

Last trimester, I took Classic Pastry where we first learned how to laminate dough - we made puff pastry four or five times - and we did it all by hand with a rolling pin. In this class though, we use a dough sheeter which is SO much easier. Can I have one of those for Christmas??

The lights in Gaebe Commons are beautiful - I love seeing the trees all lit up and beautiful. You can’t go outside without being reminded that the holidays are near, whether you look at the lights or just feel the cold weather!

This week I also managed to finally get my certification done for the Harborside CAT Team - I had to wait a good month after everyone else since I had gotten hurt a few weeks ago. I’m glad I made it in time for the holiday cookie bake! It turned out to be a messy experience, but it was a great time!

I’ve been having a blast this week, but I’m also pretty excited that winter break is just over a week away! I have plenty to do before then, but I hope it comes up fast. Have another great week, fellow Wildcats!