[gallery]

This past week was very eventful! It was my birthday on Thursday, which my wonderful friends celebrated with my by surprising me with cake, balloons, and just wonderful memories!

Then all day Friday I helped before and during the Young At Arts Museum’s 9th annual Recycled Fashion Show! This years theme was decades restyled, all of the designs, made my young girls from local high schools, were made from certain recyclable materials they were assigned as their challenge fabric. All12 of designs were simply amazing, and the stories behind their inspiration were even better! Before the fashion show began the guests were able to go through the museum, taking pictures with models styled from different decades, eating hors d’oeuvres, as well as taking pre-made recyclable jewelry from the jewelry servers(like me!) or making their own in the jewelry making stations(I also helped with that!). Over all the night was a success, the fashion volunteers from Johnson and Wales are being invited back by the volunteer coordinator at YAA to be apart of Art Basel in December, I am beyond excited!