We all scream for ice cream!

My Hot and Cold Desserts class is half over, and I don’t want it to end. I’m loving everything about this class, from getting my first glimpse into plating desserts to tasting every flavor of ice cream and sorbet we’ve been coming up with.

On the first day I made a coffee ice cream with some raw coffee beans that I ground up and let steep before churning the ice cream. I’m not a coffee drinker, but I loved the flavor. Add some chocolate ice cream, chocolate and caramel sauce to it, and it’s even better.

Next were ice cream bombes, made with ice cream, some sheet cake, and chocolate glaze. I used my coffee ice cream again to make a mocha flavored bombe, and I hope whoever ended up eating it in the dining room liked it!

Soufflé glaces are fun to make too - a frozen dessert made to look like a soufflé but has a taste and texture of a creamsicle.

This week definitely felt long for me, since it was my first five-day school week in probably three years. Showing up on Friday was worth it though - we got to flambé!

If I’m being honest, it was pretty terrifying. I was hoping I’d get to keep my eyebrows during the whole thing. We made Crepe Suzette, an orange-flavored crepe dish with some orange liquor and vanilla ice cream that was out of this world.

Next week we’ll focus more on hot homestyle desserts to serve with ice cream, like cobblers and crisps. Before I know it, it’ll be the end of the fall tri!

I don’t know about you guys, but this fall term sure has flown by. Hope you all have a smooth finals week and enjoy your Thanksgiving. Spend some time with your families if you can and remember what you’re thankful for! :)