Week-long Activities

I love the way a photo could capture a moment before it was gone." - The Lovely Bones (2009)

I had such a great time even it was raining almost the whole week. Last weekend, me and my classmates went to the Monadnock State Park in Jaffrey, New Hampshire.

It was my first time hiking in the United States. The main point of this trip is to see Fall Foliage so I downloaded an application called “New Hampshire Foliage Tracker”. The app is really cool especially for first-time trackers like us. They provide necessary information to help trackers stay up to date on where they are going to view the best fall foliage in New Hampshire. There’s also a photo gallery, maps and lodging searches. Last Saturday was a little foggy and cold because of the rain but we still enjoyed the trail. It’s a great place for a good and long hike in the wilderness.

During the week, I took part in various activities. It was JWU Goes Global week so there were many events for international and local students to check out.

On Thursday, there were International Festivals at Pepsi Forum in Downcity. At the event, JWU international students designed table presentation of their own countries and represented local foods through various cultures. It was a fun night.

On Friday, there was the Running Man event which is organized by JWU Cultural Connection Club and JWU Korean Students Association. I volunteered at the event as photographer but some of my friends competed in the game. The Running Man is a South Korean variety show. On each episodes, cast members will go to provided landmarks and race missions. Luckily, my classmate’s team won the game!

My latest activity this weekend is “Pumpkin Carving Fest" at the JWU Centennial House nearby Harbourside campus. The organizers there are so nice and friendly. They prepared several pumpkins, carving knifes and some snacks for us. We all just searched for pumpkin faces through the internet and created whatever pumpkin arts we like. I will definitely join them the future events!

My first carved pumpkin is not that bad.

- Mint Pattanan