Ah, practical day. Always a little stressful but exhilarating! My pies and tarts class has definitely been fun, and I can’t believe how it just flew by. I’ve learned so much about baking pies and tarts in this class - I had no idea how much I didn’t know!

We’ve made some pretty cool things in this class - I’m not even a key lime pie person and I loved our key lime pie - but day seven’s tartlets were my favorite. I’ll truly miss this class, and tomorrow begins Fundamentals and Techniques!

On another note, I hope you all had fun during Family Weekend! Since I was just in south Florida a couple of weeks ago with my immediate family, my Grandma made the trip up to Providence to spend the weekend with me. On Friday night we enjoyed downcity Providence and saw Cinderella at PPAC. To say it was amazing is an understatement. Every year or so I usually find the time and money to go to a professionally done musical, and this one was worth the wait. We both really enjoyed it, and made some lasting memories!

We spent Saturday on Harborside watching culinary demos and also learning - we couldn’t wait to go to the ”A Touch of Class” wine tasting! It was such an experience to taste firsthand why accurate food and wine pairings are so important.

I wish I could say I’m looking forward to a relaxing weekend, but I’ll be up early for pastry skills on Friday and my Collegiate Ambassadors Team shadow day on Saturday. By Sunday it’ll be time to get ready for class again! But that’s okay, I don’t need sleep. It’s all about making the most of this college experience, right?