BBQ at Colt State Park

A week ago, I went to “BBQ Party" for International Students which organized by International Student Services at Colt State Park, Bristol, Rhode Island. The event was run between 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. It is great that JWU always provides transportation for students. It took around thirty minutes to get to Bristol. There were many international students joined this Sunday BBQ.

It was my first time going to Colt State Park. The park is wonderful mix of sea shore and wooded views, plenty of seating along the shoreline and picnic areas. It is perfect to go in Summer and Fall. We, a group of JWU students, went there at the end of September so It was a good time to chill out. Once the school bus reached there, All foods were well-prepared and ready for us to grab and go!

Me and my friends were enjoyed our day walking along the shoreline and watching people fishing and biking. This is one of good activities for international students like us to explore interesting places in Rhode Island. I just love this beautiful waterfront park. It will be fun for me to invite friends to check out this place again next time in the near future!

- Pattanan (Mint)