Hello, October

October is an exciting month for JWU Charlotte. There is the annual Ramen Noodle Cook Off hosted by the Student Alumni Association (because what college student doesn’t live for Ramen Noodles?). The Charlotte Renaissance Festival in Uptown and the annual Parent’s Weekend has been changed and for the first time ever we are having Homecoming Weekend! As a member of the Student Alumni Association (SAA) of course I am excited for the Ramen Noodle Cook off. It is a competition where students are given ramen and a few ingredients and must present their best ramen dish to a panel of judges within the allotted time. My Dad will be visiting during the weekend of the Renaissance Festival and we are both excited to go. This is the same weekend as Homecoming! There will be parades, cook outs, sporting events and so much to do. I’ll be sure to keep you guys posted as these events come along. I am also going to take you guys on a field trip this week to one of my favorite parks with the best view of Charlotte!