First Summer in New England

It has been almost a month living in Providence, Rhode Island since I moved to this town for school at Johnson & Wales University. This is my first time studying abroad and I am so excited about it. Before school started for two weeks, summer was about to end, me and my friends in Boston wanted to do short weekend road trip so each ones decided to pick destination that we have never been to.

Portland, Maine. I want to see lighthouse!” – I recommended. Everyone agreed to head there.

Sometimes plan is just a plan. On our way there, we passed through one really nice beach and we stopped by to check out the city. We were arrived in “York Beach, Maine” instead. This place did not disappoint us. It is about almost two hours drive from Boston, Massachusetts. It was really nice weather on that day, many people come here to relax on weekend.

Seriously, I have never eaten Lobster before so we searched for restaurant nearby and found “Fox’s Lobster House” near York Beach, Maine. Absolutely, Why not check it out?

Delicious Food, Nice Service!

It was late in afternoon so we felt that we should go to somewhere along way back to Boston. Our plan was accidentally changed then I tried to look for somewhere else and Hampton Beach, New Hampshire was put on the list.

We all love this place a lot. It’s funny because I just got a Selfie Stick from Thailand. In my opinion, it is useful camera equipment for anyone who travel alone. There is no wonder for me to get one!

It was my first time taking photo with this stick. Here at Hampton Beach, people are so nice. They were excited with our Selfie Stick and asked us if they could join taking picture!

Selfie Strangers :

It was a nice day hanging out with my beloved friend and met some nice people here. I cannot wait to return to visit this place again next summer.

Even though we did not reach to Portland, but we did find lighthouse here in York, Maine. Isn’t it beautiful?

Summer here in New England was just wonderful!

- Mint Pattanan