Just around the river bend...

Hello JWU and tumblr!

Since this is the first post among many, I’d like to start out by introducing myself. My name is Ayo, which means joy in Nigerian. I am currently finishing my associates in Culinary Arts and plan on starting Culinary Nutrition come this winter trimester. I love food and I love people, so if you see me around campus don’t hesitate to say hi!

So in a nutshell, this is a blog will focus on the beauty of the growing food scene in Providence, RI and the plethora of ingredients that can be found here. Every week I will focus on an Ingredient of the Week, explain a little about it’s origins, and give some pointers of how you as students can use this ingredient in your dorms! Once a month I will highlight a local restaurant, with everything from where it is to best selling items on the menu, and of course lots of pictures. Every post will be written in the form of a love letter to you, the readers. Keep an eye out for interactive posts, I want to hear from you all as well! I hope you are as excited as I am to fuel your passion for food and discover RI in all its glory.

until next time,

chefboyardee11