From the Florida heat to my first real Fall!

Hi all!

My name is Erica Brant. I’m a BPA major at the Providence campus, and I’m originally from West Palm Beach, Florida. I transferred from a school in Orlando and had the best job in the world - I worked food and beverage at Disney World and loved every minute of it. I’m hoping to work as a pastry cook there after graduation, but I don’t know - I sure am loving this weather!

I have quite the busy year in store here in Providence, and I’m excited to have you follow along. My baking and pastry labs always keep me busy, as well as some Communications courses on the side since I’m so interested in food writing. I’m involved with a lot of different clubs and organizations on campus, and I’m just beginning my Cookies and Petit Fours class. I can’t wait to make some beautiful little desserts over this next week and a half - stay tuned for lots of pictures!

I’ll probably only have a year here while I finish my degree, but I’m definitely cramming as much into it as possible. I can’t wait to see what kind of adventures I go on this year in a brand new city!