[gallery]

Phew! What a few weeks it has been! I’ve been busy being a tourist since as you can tell in my bottom right picture, I’m graduating! These 4 years really flew by and I definitely regret not doing some things sooner. I’ve been busy trying to push through the last few weeks of school (ever!) all while being active seeing and doing things around town.

One of my favorite excursions was a trip to Fenway Park at the beginning of the month. I had always wanted to go and time was running out! You can usually get bleacher seats for around $30 but we had a deal with our Stop n’ Shop points. Getting there is super easy, just take the train into Boston and the green line into Fenway and you’re set for some peanuts and cracker jacks! Unfortunately we lost but it was still great fun. I really regret not going sooner because I definitely would have gone more!

That weekend was also the Wildcat Wahoo Carnival. At the end of the year, our parking lot turns into a carnival, think kind of like Grease. You get tickets to play games, free souvenirs, classic carnival foods, and unlimited rides. Tyler Hilton, who used to be from One Tree Hill, was there for music entertainment as well! To cap off the night we had centennial fireworks over the bay, unfortunately my phone had already died! But as someone who has seen Disney fireworks countless times, even I have to say the finale was good!

More recently this past weekend I definitely go to pack in some entertainment! Within walking distance of the Downcity Campus is a concert venue called Lupos. It just so happened that one of my favorite county artists, Hunter Hayes, was going to perform there on Friday as a part of his attempt to break the record of 10 shows in 10 cities in 24 hours all while helping to end childhood hunger. He successfully broke the record and put on a great show!

The next day I went to the Providence Performing Arts Center (right down the block from the Downcity Campus) to see the Book of Mormon. PPAC puts on great Broadway shows throughout the year, I even saw the Rockettes my freshman year! I had always wanted to see the Book of Mormon so I played the ticket lottery for the show. 2 1/2 hours before curtain time for certain shows they hold a lottery to give out certain amounts of tickets valued at $25 a piece. I ended up winning one and was in the front row! I have paid some big bucks for tickets and have never gotten that close! The show was absolutely fantastic and a great way to end one of my last weekends in Providence!

There’s always so much to see and do in Providence and the surrounding areas,like Boston.Just don’t wait too long to try and get everything done!