On the last day trip of our time here, our whole group piled into the bus and made the half hour trek to Ischia, one of the islands off of Naples. I came to the island with expectations for it to be much like Capri. Though in appearance it was similar to the popular isle of Capri, with it’s stone white and light colored buildings, it was much different as it was more residential with less tourists.

Our group of 30-something individuals strolled up a hill to come to the Terme Manzi Hotel and Spa, a five star hotel that specializes in it’s spa facilities. It was interesting to see what this hotel concentrates on compared to the other two five star hotels we’ve visited.

We were first offered a glimpse of the rooms and I became enamored with the tile and decor. It was bright and simple and matched the southern Italian decor of mosaics. The tiles were white and painted with an elegant blue and yellow orange design. Most rooms offered balconies and beautiful tile bathrooms. We then toured the spa facilities. They were extensive and offered treatment in massages, skin therapy, mud baths and more.

We spent the rest of the day at the beach, enjoying the still frigid waters of the Mediterranean. I thought about how all of our travels and visits to hotels has inspired many new ideas for when I open a hotel of my own in the distant future.