[gallery]

Over Easter break, I was able to travel a few of my friends to Paris for the long weekend. While in Paris, we stayed in a hostel (my first hostel experience), and we met a lot of strangers who joined us in our journey throughout the city. First, we went to the Louvre (if you look at the pictures above, I am touching the entrance of the Louvre) where we were able to learn a lot about the history of France. They had many exhibitions with Egyptian artifacts, popular statues and even Napoleon’s personal rooms. We also were able to see the Palace of Versailles (my favorite! seen above with the gold detailing on the roof), which took forever to get inside of, but extremely worth the wait! I personally am obsessed with the French Revolution, so to be able to walk through the halls that Marie Antoinette once walked was a dream come true! LET THEM EAT CAKE! The last major thing we saw was the Eiffel Tower (the magnificent tower seen above lit up at night), where we took tons of pictures. We also ate lunch in the grassy area in front of it. Of course we saw other historic sites, like the Arc de Triumphe, Champs Elysees and more, but the three mentioned above were my favorites, and my recommended must-sees! I can’t wait to go back to Paris some day!

LJ Borrmann