Paris, Je t'aime.

This past weekend I had the absolute pleasure of traveling to Paris, France. I had extremely high expectations as to what I was about to experience. After the trip was over I can honestly say that those expectations were met and even exceeded. Paris is such a beautiful place with so much to offer. So many people from all over the world grace the streets filled with culture as well as a balance between modern and old architecture. Seeing the Eiffel Tower for the first time was honestly breathtaking. I walked up the stairs from the Champ De Mars Metro stop and there it was with all its glory. It was a surreal experience to be standing there looking up at such a world famous marvel. Laying in the grass looking up at such a beautiful structure got me thinking of how extremely lucky I am to be experiencing this at such a young age. Not to be morbid, but I had two close aunts pass away last year alone, and neither of them got to really experience what the world had to offer. To be able to say that I have been to the places that I have been to as young as I am is truly a blessing. We also saw the Palace of Versailles which was so incredibly large. It must be nice to actual have the option of getting lost in your home. I experienced one of the most magical moments of my life in Paris in front of the Notre Dame. My friends and I went to Notre Dame on Easter Sunday at night and we discovered a man using an amp as well as a microphone performing right outside of Notre Dame. There were hundreds of people surrounding him which made him claim that it was the biggest crowd he had seen in the 10 years that he has been a street performer. The reason this was such a magical moment for me was not just because of the obvious reasons like I could see both the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame all lit up from where I was standing. It was magical because of all of the love and acceptance that was in the air at that moment. Everyone was dancing and smiling, forgetting that we are all different but rather focusing on things that are universal, like happiness, love, and acceptance. The world is only so large and in order to survive, we all need to learn how to coexist. I can leave that moment honestly saying that it was the greatest moment of my entire life. It has inspired me and lit a fire in me to spread love and acceptance throughout the world more so than I have before. Thank you, Paris, for teaching me things about myself that I didn’t even knew existed.

Brendan Brocato