The Kingdom of Gods-Athens

Ciao!

I am an International Hotel and Travel Tourism student from Providence campus. Now, I am in Italy.

On Thursday April 3, I finally went to Athens, my dream city. I really glad I can have chance to go to Athens, Greece. It is the capital and the largest city of Greece. It has around 3,400years history,and the kingdom of god. One of the most important scenic spots is the Acropolis.

The Acropolis made a strong impression on me. It is an ancient citadel located on a high rocky outcrop above the city of Athens and containing the remains of several ancient buildings of great architectural and historic significance.

There are lots of site on the mountain, such as: The Parthenon, dedicated by the Athenians to Athena Parthenos, the patron of their city.

On the north side of the sacred rock is the Erechtheion, was erected in 421-406 BC as a replacement of an earlier temple dedicated to Athena Polias, the so-called ”Old temple”, it is famous of Caryatids.

Although these temples are incomplete, some only left a few columns, but still let me feel very shocked. You cannot marvel at the ancient building technology.

Now the temples are set up around the railing. Some staff will be crushed stone, and assembly again, also they use scaffolding poles around some columns to fixation. At the same time, there are staff checks around, in order not to let visitors touch the marble.

Standing on a hill, you can also see the panoramic view of the whole city.

The Odeon of Herodes Atticus is a stone theatre structure located on the southwest slope of the Acropolis of Athens. As part of the Athens Festival every summer there are several performances at the Herodion.

Although I have some different of the communication, but the local people are very enthusiastic. The city is very clean, and it is easy to go around by subway. Also, the little restaurant by the road, and some souvenir shop is also a good choice for tourism.

I have a dinner at a small and traditional restaurant. The restaurant decorate is very beautiful and sweet. The shopkeeper recommend some traditional and characteristics food to me,it is tasted so good.

By the end, it is an amazing trip! And i love it!!! And I really hope I can have more time to stay.

— Minhui ZHONG (Amber)