Paris

Paris has been the number one place I wanted to visit when I was a child. For its fame of Romanticism, iconic architecture and artistic atmosphere, my classmates and I finally took a weekend trip to Paris as we had planned since day one to experience this glamorous city. When we arrived in Paris, it was already late in the afternoon. After dinner, we went straight to the Eiffel Tower. As I was told that the best time to see the Eiffel Tower was not during the day but was at night. And it’s true! When I looked at the tower with the lights on, it instantly stole my heart.

Next day in the morning we went to the Notre-Dame Cathedral, which is widely considered as one of the finest examples of French Gothic architecture and among the largest and most well-known church buildings in the world. Later past noon, we went up to the top of the Eiffel Tower to take a full view of Paris, and the city view was spectacular! Then, we spent mostly the rest of the afternoon at the Louvre Museum.

We also went to visit one of the grandest palaces in the world, the Versailles. It is best known for being the model of the vast European royal residence, built by King Louis XIV. The favorite part of my own would be its beautiful garden, walking around the garden was so relaxing and the landscapes were breathtaking.

Lastly, we went to one of the four most touristy landmarks of Paris, the Arc de Triomphe. But the roof was under repairing construction, so we did not get up to the top. Instead, we spent the rest of our time in Paris by wandering along the world’s famous shopping street, the Champs-Élysées Avenue. Since we had a very tight schedule and the time was too short, it was a pity that we did not get to see many other famous attractions. But it was an eye-opening and remarkable experience, Paris is definitely a place worth to visit for many times! And I can’t wait to start planning my second trip to Paris now!