Internship #2 Week 8

Hello All,

This has been one heck-of-a-week! Stress levels are high as we are now in the 6 weeks till Gala mark! We still have no raffle license for our casino event…. this is highly concerning to all of us but it is out of our hands for we do not have authority to get the license our selves. It is the responsibility of our state-wide event staff to do this, so we are impatiently waiting on them. Because of all this stress, my supervisor has definitely been on edge this week. It is definitely a learning experience working on an event with such a big obstacle in the way! I guess it’s safe to say that I will be highly prepared for crisis situations when I manage events in the future.

I have been sending out Thank-you’s to donors for our Gala this week thanking them for their kind support in the fight against cancer. We are getting in some amazing prizes for our Silent Auction as well. One prize we received is worth $10,000! I am so excited for the night of Gala; I just hope we can get this stinking raffle license so we can all stop stressing over it!

So 3 weeks till I graduate, still no job…. AHHHHH!!! I am freaking-out! Although, according to most of my recently graduated friends, I am way over reacting and most people don’t find a job until like 6 months after they graduate. I guess it’s just my control freak-self not liking that I have no control over this situation. But I am working with Career Explorations staff at JWU to help clean up my resume and cover letter so that I will have more luck with the next batch of job application I send out!

This weekend I am going to Atlantic City again with a big group of friends! I am so excited! I can’t wait to dance all night again!

Until next time!

Signing out,

Jen :)