Internship #2 Week 5

Hello All!

So it is getting EXTREMELY hectic for my supervisor and I as Gala is only 2 months away! This week invitations came in (which look so beautiful) and we sent them out to bulk mail to be mailed out to all of our contacts by early next week. We are inviting around 1,800 people and are expecting a turn out of about 350 people. On Monday I headed a meeting for the sponshorship sub-committee for Gala in which we spoke about what the general committee can do as a whole to optimize securing sponsorships. Our sponsorships range between $300-$10,000 depending on which package. On Wednesday the entire general committee met to discuss where we are so far, where we should be, and where we ultimately need to be come event day. Everyone in the committee is so nice and my supervisor told me that they all compliment her on what a great job they think I am doing. But with all of these meetings going on, STRESS has been a word thrown around a lot this week between myself and my supervisor. There just haven’t been enough hours in the day to get everything done, but we find a way to make it work!

I cannot believe I am only a college student for 6 more weeks! Cue the excitement, nerves, anxiety, panic, and all of those crazy feelings! It has definitely been a lot of work being a full time intern, a student who still has papers with deadlines, and a graduating college student looking for a job. All I can do is leave things up to fate and hope that things somehow work out!

I have included pictures of the Gala invitations below. I hope you all thinking they are as beautiful as I do. Also, note my name on the back of the invite! I was so excited that my supervisor felt that I play such a big roll for the event that she wanted me to be recognized!

Until next time!

Signing out,

Jen :)

Front of Invitation

Inside Invitation

Committee list on back of the invite

My name on the invite

Queen of diamonds card advertising Diamond Raffle