[gallery]

Happy New Year! I hope you all enjoyed this special time with family and friends! Before the break I was helping the ladies out preparing for our first wedding show that took place on January 5th at The Hawthorne Country Club. As a marketing intern the bridal shows are where my skills are brought front and center for the company. To prepare, we needed to take inventory of the product we currently had, such as brochures, business cards, and flyers. We needed to foresee what the clients would like to know, what product to take, and what we needed to order. The more preparation that is done before the show makes for a smooth and successful time.Fortunately the ladies at the agency know their way around bridal shows and can set up and break down the booth in a matter of seconds!

At the show I was initially hesitant to speak with brides because all of my ‘service communication’ has been with things pertaining to hotels and nothing with travel. From an outsider looking in, many aspects of the hospitality industry seem the same, and don’t get me wrong they are very transparent, but the jargon used with hotels is extremely different than with travel related business. It was refreshing speaking about something that I’m so passionate about, travel!

The week after the show is where the ‘hard’ work starts. I input all of the contact information we receive during the show into an email generator and send follow-up emails to the brides. It’s tedious but necessary to stay in contact with potential clients. Everything needs to be done very punctually since we have a wedding show every weekend and appointments fill up fast! We need to take advantage of the face-to-face contact at the shows to make more of a relationship with the couple. I’m learning an abundance from a small aspect of this industry and I can’t wait to see what’s next! Here are few pictures from the show on Sunday!