Internship #2 Week 4

Hello All!

So this week has gone by super fast because I have been so super busy! We are getting close to the two month mark till our 2014 Gala! I am getting so excited, but I can also tell now that in a couple of weeks, I am going to start to get completely submerged in things to do to prepare. This week was all about mailings. I literally have made so many labels that I’m pretty sure I can do it with my eyes closed. This week we mailed out our sponsorship packets to all of our contacts, as well as to all the contacts of our committee members and honorees. We do this in hopes that people will feel the urge to donate to us whether it be a monetary or in-kind donation to use as a prize for our silent auction. I am actually very surprised by home many people have declined requests to donate. It’s a lot harder to get donation than I thought it would be. Any day now we should be receiving our invitation for Gala from the printer. I cannot wait to see what they look like! Other than that, I have been trying to get all of our lists up-to-date for our next meeting so I can let everyone know where we are.

I have started applying to jobs recently, which is the most stressful thing I have ever done. As a college student, my biggest fear is spending all this money on tuition, to graduate and end up not getting a full-time job and ending up in retail or something. I am anxiously awaiting to hopefully hear from one of the organizations I applied for, and I hope something ends up working out!

Okay so now to every day “student” life. Tomorrow after internship, I am going down to Atlantic City with my best friend, Melissa. We love getting dressed up and will us any excuse to go out dancing! Other than that, I think the rest of the weekend should be pretty quiet.

Until next time!

Signing out,

Jen :)