Better late than never

Sorry for the late blog, but it has been a very busy past couple of weeks so I will try not to drag on with blogs as I usually do. Most days have been events with a mixture of concerts, hockey games, and basketball games. The concerts were Drake and Macklemore, both were very interesting in many ways. The night Drake preformed was also the night the Red Sox won the World Series and I do not think I have experienced Boston that excited before. Back to internship, I have been helping a lot with administrative work and staffing most events, along with assisting the Operations Manager with the opening of a Kosher portable, preparing for the health inspections, comparing net sales for a bar in the arena, find locks for beer portables, and helping out wherever I am needed. The other surprising task they have given me was to call my intern replacement, schedule an interview, and hopefully meet up with them when they come in. I met with the first one who also happens to be from Johnson & Wales, and it was nice to tell someone how great the experience has been.

Along with internship, I have been finishing up my homework for the class and being a tour guide for my mom. My mom flew in from Wisconsin last week and was able to make it to opening night at TD Garden for the Celtics against the Milwaukee Bucks! The Garden helped me get Suite tickets and allowed me to attend the game with my mom. This was a whole new experience being a guest at the Garden and not just an employee, and it was wonderful. Neither my mom or me have ever been in a suite before, so we enjoyed it quite a bit, plus the Bucks won! I am from Wisconsin - I am allowed to support them. One of the greatest things about having my mom come there was her being able to see what I do and meet some of the managers. Management once again completely surprised me; they went out of their way to come and meet my mom, which not only meant a lot to her, but to me as well. It once again shows me how great the people are there.

Since the weekend was event free, I was able to spend a three day weekend with my mom, which is exactly what I needed. We were able to go to the Red Sox parade, aquarium, and other great places around the city. It was also nice for her to be there because she relaxed me; with the end of internship nearing, and not knowing what was going to happen next, I have been in a world of stress. She was able to calm me down, and it was exactly what I needed.

This week coming up will be another event-filled week with the first double-header tomorrow, Elton John on Tuesday, more hockey and basketball, and Kanye West on Sunday. I cannot wait. Also this week will most likely be my chance to interview with the managers about staying on after internship. Cross your fingers folks!

Top of Bunker Hill Monument

New England Aquarium

Red Sox Parade

Celtics Opening Night

The World Series Trophy visiting during the Celtics Game.