Internship Week 6

Hello All!

So I am blogging a week early today because tomorrow will be pure craziness here at the American Cancer Society’s Manasquan, NJ office. The Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk is this Sunday, October 20th! AHH! I cannot believe this past month and a half have gone by so fast!! This week we have been running around the office like crazy trying to find everything we need for the walk. Hundreds of signs, clipboards, envelopes, boxes, banners, decorations and a bunch of other things are flooding the office! I am pretty sure there are a bunch of fire hazards going on right now, because we are bringing everything from our 3 different storage spaces into the office to get it ready to load onto the truck tomorrow! Saturday morning we are going to the site of the walk to help set-up whatever we can including the stage, tents, signs, etc. Sunday we will be arriving to the site at 5:45am to finish getting everything ready before registration starts at 8:00am! Over 20,000 people are expected to be there! I cannot wait to see the inspiring sea of pink including survivors and others who have been affected by breast cancer. This will be a long, tiring weekend, but I know once I see these amazing people gathering for the same purpose, to fight the disease, it will be more than worth it!

The event I will be working on as part of my second internship is Tides of Change. It is an distinguished event that I do not know too much about, but I am exciterd to see what it entails! I belive I will be able to get more of a Event Manager’s perspective in my new role, and I am very excited to see what comes next!

This past weekend I went back up to Providence with my cousin to spend the weekend with my sister! I always went home Columbus Day weekend when I was a student at JWU, and I never realized just how much goes on that weekend! Waterfire, the Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular, 5ks, breast cancer awareness, the entire State House lit up in pink; it was all just amazing! We had a great time and I am so happy I got a chance to experience all of those amazing events! I am a little too busy this weekend to have much to post about my everyday “student” life. I will definitely have a lot of pictures to blog in next weeks post about the walk!

Well, sorry to cut it short, but there is a lot to do!

Until next time!

Signing out!

Jen :)

The RI State House on October 12, 2014