Introduction

Hello!!

I am new to blogging, so let’s see how this goes!

My name is Gina, I am originally from Central Wisconsin, went to the North Miami campus my Freshman year, but transferred to the Providence campus my Sophomore year because they allowed me to double major in Hotel & Lodging Management and Sports, Entertainment, and Event Management. I finished my Hotel degree in May and will finish my Sports degree in November.

Finding an Internship was a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. I wanted to do an Internship in summer 2013, but the places I wanted to do internships at were slow during the summer and were not taking interns. My choice was to either take an internship just to to get it done with at a place that semi-interested me, or to wait and take one for the fall in hopes that there would be more available for my interests. While on jwuLink, I saw that Delaware North at TD Garden in Boston was looking for Food & Beverage Interns for the fall. I applied, and when they called me back for an interview I knew this was where I wanted to go. I love Boston and TD Garden is a landmark for Sports and Entertainment, which are both my passions. I knew I wanted to be in that kind of setting, what specific position I was not sure yet, but I figured I would learn once I got there. I went into the interview more confident than I have ever been for an interview, and a week later they called and offered me the internship!!