[gallery]

I’m baking for the world!

That’s why I have been so busy and haven’t gotten around to making a post. I’m back in Walt Disney World on my second Disney Culinary Program to satisfy my bachelor level internship. Last year I served as a pastry cook II for the Polynesian Resort, this year it’s Epcot and the Food & Wine Festival!

I have been here for a month and while the beginning was a bit rough since I already had a program to compare it to, it has definitely gotten better. In the Epcot Production Bakery we are baking for a majority of the pavilions and restaurants here in our lovely park. In the pictures above we have the Smores Brownie available in America, a Blueberry Mousse cake available at the Biergarten in Germany, Jaffa Cakes available at the Rose & Crown Pub in the UK, and Agent P sugar cookies located in the park. We do a variety of other things as well like different cheesecakes and brownies and other odds and ends. I even got to temper chocolate today, that made me super happy!

We are currently getting ready for the Starbucks in the Fountainview above us to open and apparently I’m doing most of the baking for it, woohoo! And quickly approaching is the 2013 Food & Wine Festival, definitely looking forward to that!

In this month I have already gone to the parks countless times, made new friends while hanging out with the old crew, eaten at Be Our Guest, made a magical moment, and have enjoyed work. In a few weeks my mom and brother will be here utilizing my free park tickets and 60% room and dining discount, some of the perks you get on your CP. It is definitely a fun and rewarding internship!