[gallery]

Our very last group trip! We were lucky enough to visit two beautiful hotel properties, the Crowne Plaza Stabia and the San Pietro hotel overlooking Positano, on the Amalfi Coast.

After our visits, we had some free time in Positano, where I immediately headed down into the beach. After grabbing some refreshing strawberry and lemon handmade gelato, I ventured out onto the rocky shore, set on placing my feet on the crystal-clear water. I must say, I succeeded! I just wish the beach were a little less painful.

I browsed the stores and then we got back on the bus to visit the town of Ravello. High up on the cliffs, this town offers sweeping views of the Amalfi coast. Our first stop was an old monastery founded by St Francis, which is now a church housing the miraculously preserved body of a monk. Afterwards, we headed for a tour of Villa Cimbrone, an ancient Villa restored by an English Lord. There were beautiful manicured gardens surrounding the house, and as we walked through them we had the chance to learn about Greek and Roman mythology.

The villa was my favorite part of the day because of the chance to learn about mythology through touring an ancient villa. This is a great way to offer tourists a more encompassing experience of an area, leading to a higher satisfaction rate. It is a great initiative that could be more widely incorporated across Italy and the world.

Andrea Hidalgo