[gallery]

On Wednesday April 24th we took an excursion and visited two different hotels. This was our first excursion that we had that wasn’t raining. It was a beautiful day for touring beautiful hotels. The first hotel we visited was the Crowne Plaza Stabiae Sorrento Coast and the second hotel we visited was the Il San Pietro di Positano. I enjoyed touring both hotels. But if I had to choose my favorite it would be the Il San Pietro di Positano.

Both hotels were very different. The Crowne Plaza Stabiae Sorrento Coast specialized in primarily business group. The hotel was right on the water. The views were amazing. On the tour we saw two meeting rooms. One was a traditional room with a basic set up and the other meeting room we saw was overlooking the water and had a balcony. After the tour of the meeting rooms we then saw a standard room. The room was basic but had a fabulous view! The hotel also has a fitness center, spa, and pool. If I have time, I would definitely like to visit the spa. Even though the Crowne Plaza Stabiae Sorrento Coast caters to business and large groups, by offering other amenities, it also caters to the traditional vacationers. The Crowne Plaza Stabiae Sorrento Coast taught me a lot about the hotel industry and catering to business groups.

The Il San Pietro di Positano was very different compared to the Crowne Plaza Stabiae Sorrento Coast. The Il San Pietro di Positano primary target is vacationers. Their main focus is providing their guest with a relaxing environment and creating the ultimate privacy for their guest. For example, some of their past guest include George Clooney, Julia Roberts, and Collin Farrell. On the tour we got to see the suite that they stayed in. On the tour, I learned how accommodating the Il San Pietro di Positano. For example, some of their guest are very picky and they have to be able to take care of their needs. The Il San Pietro di Positano is definitely some place that I would like to stay at in the future.

Even though the Crowne Plaza Stabiae Sorrento Coast and the Il San Pietro di Positano are two different hotels, they both have the same common goal. It‘s their mission to bring the best possible service to their guest whether it be some one on business trip or some one on vacation. I really enjoyed both hotels and learned so much!

Morgan Weir