Coastal Views

Ciao! Today I experience yet another amazing excursion. We drove along the coast and made our first stop at Crowne Plaza Stabiae Sorrento Coast. Located on a seaside promenade, in front of the Gulf of Naples, all rooms boast full or partial sea views! The modern contemporary hotel offers 150 rooms: 7 suites, 1 executive suite, 84 standard double, 34 superior, 5 terrace deluxe, 10 singles, and 9 rooms for disable guests. In fact, Crowne Plaza Stabiae is only one out of 7 Crowne Plaza hotels in Italia! Luca, the marketing manager, informed us that the property works closely with Collette Vacations! The company even has an office located right in Providence, Rhode Island. We learned from Luca that the Marriott Brand is repositioning itself, changing its trademark burgundy red color to one more similar to violet. He was kind enough to provide us informational pamphlets, which will give me something to do tonight!

We drove further along the coast to our second hotel tour, San Pietro Di Positano. As soon as I got off the bus, I felt as though I had walked right into paradise. Pictures and words can not describe how breathtaking the scenery is. The panoramic views is exactly why the location is often featured in magazines. The hotel’s terrace is the only location in which visitors are able to see the island of Capri and Positano. The property was originally a villa; however, the founder had guests arriving from all over the world who suggested he transform it into a hotel. Opening in 1970, the hotel had 33 rooms and presently, it has 60 rooms. My favorite part of the hotel is learning that it has its own garden and so the restaurant uses all its personally grown vegetation. The hotel sells its destination and as a result, it is only open from April until October. Due to its location nearby the water and the winter season, the destination is not up to par and the gardens will not be producing any vegetation. My second favorite part of the tour was learning that George Clooney and Michelle Pfeiffer arrived at the hotel to use its private beach since there aren’t many private beaches in Italy! Overall, this has been my favorite excursion, because of the combination of warm weather, beautiful properties, educational tours, and welcoming employees!

- Tuyen