Shopping in Providence

When choosing what college to attend location is a major factor to consider. As a fashion major I wanted to pick a college that was near a wide variety of retailers not only for shopping but also for potential job/internship opportunities. Some may be surprised but you do not have to go to NYC… Providence has more shopping than you think! The Providence down city campus is conveniently located near the Providence Place Mall (only a ten minute walk) which is home to over fifty retailers. Some stores are: H&M, Love Culture, Arden B, J.crew, DSW, Victoria Secret, Michael Kors, and Nordstrom’s. Having the mall so close has helped me with many of my projects such as analyzing visual displays for my visual merchandising class, to apparel quality analysis, and even comparing retailers. Providence is also home to many boutiques found on streets like Thayer, Wickenden, Wayland Square, and the historic Federal Hill. Stores such as Alex and Ani, Queen of Hearts, Modern Love, Domaine, Clover, Style 21, Craftland, Andrea Valentini, Zuzu’s Petals, J.Mclaughlin, Lola’s, Second Time Around, Modmama, Detail’s, Sneaker Junkies, Dorothy Williams, Diva’s Palace are all close to campus. Who would have thought so many retailers could be located in such a small city?