12/17/18 | If you are currently enrolled at or were recently accepted to Newbury College and are impacted by the news of its intention to close, Johnson & Wales University’s Providence Campus is here for you.
We extend a welcome to any student who wishes to consider a JWU education. We share many common academic interests (explore our current academic majors at JWU) and our Admissions team will work directly with students to ensure a smooth enrollment process.
Our Admissions team will work directly with students to ensure a smooth transfer and enrollment process. The benefits for Newbury College students are as follows:
- Automatic acceptance to JWU if accepted to Newbury College. Note that there may be exceptions based on specialized majors — please contact Admissions for more information.
- JWU will award transfer credit if student has an overall GPA of 2.0 or higher and where the student achieved a passing grade for the course.
- Financial aid: Submit financial aid award, merit award documents from Newbury College to receive a competitive award analysis. Add JWU to your FAFSA: 003404
- JWU is working on a teach out option for those Newbury students that are currently enrolled in programs that align with JWU. More information will be coming regarding this opportunity shortly.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us:
- By phone: 401-598-2378 or 1-800-342-5598
- By email: Christina Labella@jwu.edu, email@example.com